Know Your Doctor
- Dr Ankit Parakh is a pediatric pulmonologist, allergist and sleep medicine specialist.
- He is one of the very few pediatricians in India who practices pediatric pulmonology, allergy and sleep medicine exclusively.
- Respiratory problems and allergy issues in children are very common in children and commonly misdiagnosed. Sleep related problems are on the rise and poorly recognized. Correct diagnosis and treatment is very important.
- Areas of specific interest includes recurrent wheezing, difficult to control asthma and tuberculosis in children.
- Pediatric Allergy Training from the St Mary Hospital and Imperial College, London, UK, 2019
- European Diplomate of Pediatric Respiratory Medicine, European Respiratory Society. Dr Parakh is the first and only person in India to be awarded the degree.
- Asia Pacific Society of Respirology (APSR) fellowship “Pediatric Sleep Medicine”, Lady Cilento Children’s Hospital, Brisbane, Australia, 2017
- European Respiratory Society Fellowship (ERS)- “Pediatric Sleep Medicine & Non-Invasive Ventilation“, Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children, London, UK, 2016
- RCPCH Fellowship Pediatric Pulmonology, Royal College of Pediatrics & Child Health (London , UK) and Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children, London, UK, 2013
- DNB Pediatrics, Diplomate of National Board of India.
- MD Pediatrics, Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi.
- MBBS, University College of Medical Sciences and Guru Teg Bhadhur Hospital, Delhi.
- Schooling from Modern School Barakhamba Road, New Delhi.
- In-charge of the Academic Program of the Diplomate of National Board (DNB) in Pediatrics at BLK Hospital.
- Post MD Registrar, Department of Pediatrics, Lok Nayak Hospital, New Delhi for 3 years.
- Lecturer (Consultant) in University College of Medical Sciences and Guru Teg Bhadhur Hospital, Delhi for 1 year
- Assistant Professor, Division of Pediatric Pulmonology, Lady Hardinge Medical College and Kalawati Saran Children’s Hospital, New Delhi for 5 years.
- Currently, In-charge Division of Pediatric Pulmonology, Asthma and Tuberculosis at the BL Kapur Super Specialty Hospital, Pusa Road, New Delhi.
- He was actively involved in teaching of undergraduate (MBBS) students and post graduate (MD) students. He also conducted research on various topics, many of which are published as articles in peer-reviewed indexed journals. He was managing the Pediatric Chest clinic and performing pediatric flexible bronchoscopy. He also established the Pediatric lung function lab in the hospital.
- K. Sridharan gold Medal and merit award for standing first in Anatomy in the first MBBS Examination.
- Merit award for standing second in pharmacology in the college, University College of Medical Sciences in Second M.B.B.S examination 1999.
- Dr. L.V. Phatak gold Medal and merit award for highest marks in Obstetrics& Gynecology in Final M.B.B.S examination 2000.
- Merit award for standing second in Medicine in the college, University College of Medical Sciences in Final M.B.B.S examination 2000.
- Awarded the best Registrar in Pediatrics in Lok Nayak Hospital.
Memberships & Registration
- Life Member of the Indian Chest Society (ICS).
- Life Member of the National College of Chest Physicians of India (NCCP).
- Member of European Respiratory Society.
- Life Member of Indian Academy of Pediatrics.
- Life Member of IAP Respiratory Chapter.
- Life Member of Pediatric Infectious Diseases Chapter of IAP.
- Member of Indian Medical association (IMA), Delhi Medical association (DMA) and IMA East Delhi Branch.
- Registered with Delhi Medical Council No. DMC- R/00488.
- Trainer of the Indian Academy of Pediatrics-“Asthma Training Module” (ATM).
- Trainer of the Indian Academy of Pediatrics-Respiratory Tract Infection-Group Education Module (RTI-GEM).
- Member of the Indian Academy of Pediatrics National Task Force (NTF) for Tuberculosis in Children and Master Trainer of the IAP Module on Tuberculosis in Children.
- Secretary of the Indian Academy of Pediatrics Central DELHI City Branch 2015
- Past President of the Pediatrics Respiratory Society, Delhi 2018.