Know Your Doctor
- Dr Ankit Parakh is a Pediatric Pulmonologist and Sleep Medicine Specialist (Child Chest and Sleep Specialist).
- Dr Parakh is a pediatrician or a child specialist who specializes in the treatment of respiratory or chest problems, allergy issues and sleep related problems in children (neonates to 21 years of age).
- He is one of the very few pediatricians in India who practices pediatric pulmonology and sleep medicine exclusively.
- Respiratory problems in children are very common in children and commonly misdiagnosed. Sleep related problems are on the rise and poorly recognized. Correct diagnosis and treatment is very important.
- Areas of specific interest includes recurrent wheezing, difficult to control asthma and tuberculosis in children.
- Pediatric Allergy Training from the St Mary Hospital and Imperial College, London, UK, 2019
- European Diplomate of Pediatric Respiratory Medicine, European Respiratory Society. Dr Parakh is the first and only person in India to be awarded the degree.
- Asia Pacific Society of Respirology (APSR) fellowship “Pediatric Sleep Medicine”, Lady Cilento Children’s Hospital, Brisbane, Australia, 2017
- European Respiratory Society Fellowship (ERS)- “Pediatric Sleep Medicine & Non-Invasive Ventilation“, Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children, London, UK, 2016
- RCPCH Fellowship Pediatric Pulmonology, Royal College of Pediatrics & Child Health (London , UK) and Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children, London, UK, 2013
- DNB Pediatrics, Diplomate of National Board of India.
- MD Pediatrics, Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi.
- MBBS, University College of Medical Sciences and Guru Teg Bhadhur Hospital, Delhi.
- Schooling from Modern School Barakhamba Road, New Delhi.
- In-charge of the Academic Program of the Diplomate of National Board (DNB) in Pediatrics at BLK Hospital.
- Post MD Registrar, Department of Pediatrics, Lok Nayak Hospital, New Delhi for 3 years.
- Lecturer (Consultant) in University College of Medical Sciences and Guru Teg Bhadhur Hospital, Delhi for 1 year
- Assistant Professor, Division of Pediatric Pulmonology, Lady Hardinge Medical College and Kalawati Saran Children’s Hospital, New Delhi for 5 years.
- Currently, In-charge Division of Pediatric Pulmonology, Asthma and Tuberculosis at the BL Kapur Super Specialty Hospital, Pusa Road, New Delhi.
- He was actively involved in teaching of undergraduate (MBBS) students and post graduate (MD) students. He also conducted research on various topics, many of which are published as articles in peer-reviewed indexed journals. He was managing the Pediatric Chest clinic and performing pediatric flexible bronchoscopy. He also established the Pediatric lung function lab in the hospital.
- K. Sridharan gold Medal and merit award for standing first in Anatomy in the first MBBS Examination.
- Merit award for standing second in pharmacology in the college, University College of Medical Sciences in Second M.B.B.S examination 1999.
- Dr. L.V. Phatak gold Medal and merit award for highest marks in Obstetrics& Gynecology in Final M.B.B.S examination 2000.
- Merit award for standing second in Medicine in the college, University College of Medical Sciences in Final M.B.B.S examination 2000.
- Awarded the best Registrar in Pediatrics in Lok Nayak Hospital.
Memberships & Registration
- Life Member of the Indian Chest Society (ICS).
- Life Member of the National College of Chest Physicians of India (NCCP).
- Member of European Respiratory Society.
- Life Member of Indian Academy of Pediatrics.
- Life Member of IAP Respiratory Chapter.
- Life Member of Pediatric Infectious Diseases Chapter of IAP.
- Member of Indian Medical association (IMA), Delhi Medical association (DMA) and IMA East Delhi Branch.
- Registered with Delhi Medical Council No. DMC- R/00488.
- Trainer of the Indian Academy of Pediatrics-“Asthma Training Module” (ATM).
- Trainer of the Indian Academy of Pediatrics-Respiratory Tract Infection-Group Education Module (RTI-GEM).
- Member of the Indian Academy of Pediatrics National Task Force (NTF) for Tuberculosis in Children and Master Trainer of the IAP Module on Tuberculosis in Children.
- Secretary of the Indian Academy of Pediatrics Central DELHI City Branch 2015
- Past President of the Pediatrics Respiratory Society, Delhi 2018.